Thursday, August 23, 2007

P.D.L.

We are going through the Purpose Driven Life with the Bible School students in our morning devotions. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed the first time I went through it, but this time I am enjoying it more. It's interesting to look at it through their eyes, as students just beginning Bible school and studying to be pastors. It was really written for non-Christians, I think, so that they would find their purpose in being a follower of Christ. I am enjoying re-focusing on the basics of the faith and seeing them go back to the simplicity of the gospel as well.

Yesterday I taught about Day 3, "What drives your life?" (that is translated from Spanish, not sure what it's called in English). We can be driven by all sorts of emotions, fears, attitudes, and motivations. We want to be driven by our purpose to know Christ and to make Him known. It was a good reminder.

No comments: