Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Vision/Mission

This morning in our school devotions, one of the girls shared about having a clear vision. I started thinking about that, as God has developed my vision and mission more in the last months. We were brought here to Mexico without a clear understanding of our ministry, but knowing God wanted us to come.

Last week I was given some clarity --we had a missions team here from NC, and one of our co-workers (the maintenance man) was thanking them for coming. There we were, standing in the men's bathroom that they were going to be remodeling, and he said,

"Thank you for coming. God sent you here. These students are the future ministers and missionaries of Mexico. They are giving up their lives for God. We want to give them the best."

Tears welled up in the eyes of the American who was already impacted by seeing the terrible state of our dorm bathrooms, but then he heard that. You see, when we understand WHY God brings us places, and get a clear vision of what HE wants us to do, it really helps us to do it with all our hearts.

That helped me to realize that I was brought here to offer my giftings and talents to the future missionaries and pastors of Mexico. It's an incredible privilege to be a part of their formation. The more I work with them, the more I realize that I have the potential to impact nations through them. Wow.

So, what's your mission? Do you have a clear vision?

No comments: