Monday, January 28, 2008

Instability

I don't like instability... I don't think anyone does. The older I get, the more I don't like it. We are going through some things here at the Bible School that cause me to feel a little bit unstable. We are wondering if our old director is coming back now that he has finished a discipline, or if our new director will stay (and we really like the job she has done!). It is difficult to be at the mercy of other people making decisions. This makes me think about the solid rock versus the shifting sand. I struggle to keep my mind stable on the unmoving rock... it keeps wanting to drift over to that sand and accept the instability of it all.

1 comment:

Kim's Hotrod said...

I think the first sign of senility is when one can no longer cope with instability. :-)

You and Kim are wired very similarly. I used to be able to flow with that life of instability, but the older I get (or the more Kim wears me down), the harder it is for me to deal with it. Being a freelancer means lots insecurity at times.