Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Porch-sittin'

One thing I love about Mexico (and Nicaragua) is that people really take time to sit outside with their neighbors and chat... when we drive through town we always pass groups of people sitting outside enjoying visiting. We know they are talking about us as we drive past and it makes me laugh thinking about what they could be saying.

Today I sat outside for two hours with my next door neighbor. We watched people drive by, we chatted with other neighbors. The kids played around us, and the wind rustled the palm trees outside our houses. It was pleasant and I was grateful for a nice warm day with a moment of peace amidst so much work. I love that in Mexico the people take time for each other no matter how busy they are. There's something relaxing about sitting outside and enjoying good company!

No comments: