Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Disciplining students

One of my least favorite things to do is discipline my students for things they do or don't do. Right now I have a girl who is disciplined for a month, she has to clean the bathrooms every morning and evening because of a blatant disobedience in talking to a guy. Two other girls have to get up every morning at 5 and sweep the streets outside the school and clean up the curbs because they decided to get up one night and turn the a/c on in a classroom and go online instead of sleeping like they should have been. I have in my possession one cell phone of a girl who was talking in her room on her phone after lights out.

I say these things to show examples of what we have to do, but I have to say that the fruit is overwhelmingly beautiful. I'm getting ready to send out the three girls I have disciplined the most. They are so different from when they came here. God has matured them, formed them, and prepared them for a life in ministry. I'm privileged to be a part of this process, even though it hurts all involved at times!

1 comment:

Real Life Sarah said...

Wow, that had to be really hard. I feel the same about disciplining my kids.