Thursday, February 21, 2008

20 years of leading worship...

And for the last year and a half I have been taking a furlough, a break, a FAST if you will! Since we've been in Mexico I haven't really sung at all until very very recently. I had the song "Solo Cristo" on my heart by Hillsongs (None but Jesus), and I worked at it for a while on my guitar while a dancer from the church choreographed it with flags and banners. A couple of months ago we offered it up to God during the offering time. Her dance was so beautiful that I had to stop watching because I was getting all choked up. It's hard to sing when your throat is all tight.

So, last Sunday the worship leader guy from our church asked me if I wanted to help out on one of the teams. I said he had to ask Greg, since I was really hanging low because of wanting to spend time with the fam and stuff. He told me to go for it! I am going to the first rehearsal tonight... it will be interesting. I think they are more organized than my Nicaraguan worship team, who came and had no idea what they were even going to rehearse, then we would rehearse for hours and NOT EVEN SING THE DANG SONG! Ahhhh, the joys of Latin America time management and organization. Not one of their strong points, but they make up for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had fun at rehearsal. It has to be good to step back into singing again.

Real Life Sarah said...

Oh, that makes me miss singing with you! I hope you have a great time!