Saturday, May 10, 2008

Luxury Living

I'm in North Carolina for my mom's 60th (shhh!) birthday party and Mother's Day extravaganza. Today, we went to the Biltmore House. Honestly, it CAN be a little bit difficult to be surrounded by such luxury when I have experienced first-hand the poverty that exists in the world. The harder thing? Paying $2.00 for a small cup of soda, or seeing people shell out $7.00 for a solo cup of wine. Oh, what I could do with that money in Mexico, or what so many people could do with that in other parts of the world. So, I have to suck it up when I am here in the good ole' USA and just remember that I'm not in Mexico. (Which, by the way, also goes the other way when I go to the gas station and see $3.60 for a gallon of gas! WOW!)

1 comment:

Pfingston said...

OH yes, I've read about that place!
I would love to go visit!